As the New Year kicks off into full swing so do many new TV shows. Sorting through all of the different shows can sometimes be difficult and time consuming. With 2016 coming to a close we look forward to all of the new exciting programming that awaits us in the Year of the Rooster.
- Iron Fist – Netflix – Marvel’s The Defenders just added another character to the mix. Iron Fist enters the arena of Hell’s Kitchen to take on the Rand Corporation. Iron Fist is a warrior trained in the martial arts with the power to focus his chi energy to enhance his physical abilities to superhuman levels. We expect this to be just as good as Daredevil and Luke Cage.
- Young Pope – HBO – Jude Law stars as Lenny Belarado an extremely conservative American cardinal who becomes the first and youngest American Pope in history. This young Pope will find himself at odds with a liberal College of Cardinals and is sure to excite.
- Training Day – CBS -Taking place 15 years after the Denzel Washington film, this TV show sequel features an idealistic young cop who must go undercover in an elite LAPD squad where he pairs with a morally ambiguous detective. The pair must track down and hunt the city’s most dangerous criminals. This crime thriller is sure to be an instant hit.
- Taken – NBC – Another film to TV rendition, Taken is a prequel to the Taken films. This action thriller is sure to be a hit with viewers as it tracks the career of the young character Bryan Mills as a deadly CIA operative.
- The Deuce – HBO – The show is set in 1970s New York when prostitution and crime ran rampant. Starring James Franco and Maggie Gyllenhaal, The Deuce follows the story of legalization and subsequent rise of the porn industry and the HIV and cocaine epidemics.
Wondering how to catch all of these new great shows? Click here to learn more…